You are here


Marriage/Divorce Records

Verification of a Marriage or Divorce in Tennessee

Verification letters are not considered legal substitutes for marriage licenses or divorce decrees. It is strongly recommended that you make sure a verification letter will satisfy your intended use before ordering.

Certified copies of marriage licenses or divorce decrees are only available from the county clerk (marriage) or district clerk (divorce) in the county or district in which it was obtained.

Financial-Consumer Help

It is a high priority of the probation officer to see you learn all that is needed to be able to develop financial strength in order to support yourself and your family (including child support), and if ordered, to pay your court fines and fees, and/or repay your victim.  To that end, the information, resources, and links below are provided so that you are more successful in completing supervision in a better financial condition than when you started, for everyone's benefit. 

Finding Equipment and Tools

Sometimes a job good-paying job is just a few tools or equipment away.  Some job training programs help with tools and job placement after completion.  However, if you are not that fortunate, you may have to look for assistance.  Some churches or religious organizations are willing to help if you have been regularly engaged with them in the past.

Unemployment Resources and Benefits

We hope, and work together with you and other service groups so that you do not have to face unemployment which affects your ability to support yourself, family, pay bills and repay victims and Court fines and fees.  If you do face unemployment, please first refer to our website under Job Preparation and Search for the ideas and tools needed to quickly get back into the workforce.   If there becomes a gap in your employment affecting your ability to support yourself and your family, then consider the information below on unemployment benefits in Tennessee.



Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) provides financial help for children and their parents or relatives who are living with them. Monthly cash payments help pay for food, clothing, housing, utilities, furniture, transportation, telephone, laundry, household equipment, medical supplies not paid for by Medicaid and other basic needs. The amount of TANF payment depends on family size and income.

Medicaid - Healthcare for Low-Income Families

Health Care Coverage: Low-income Families

A family with a parent or relative caring for a child under age 19 may receive health care coverage through Medicaid if certain income and resource requirements are met. DHS looks at a family’s income and compares it with the amount the family pays for basic needs such as rent, utilities, child care, and work-related expenses. Resources such as cash on hand, money in the bank and value of vehicles are also considered.


Subscribe to RSS - Assistance