You are here

Identification/Public Documents

We know it's crucial for the returning inmate to quickly gain any missing important identification and functional documents quickly.  You can refer to the navigation links here for information regarding your birth certificate, ID and driver's license, social security card, marriage/divorce records, passports, and other certificates and licenses.  We realize these are vital for things like access benefits, operating a motor vehicle, gaining employment, residence, and utilities, etc. 

Also, a great web portal for many government services, including access to public documents can be found at Tennessee Online.


Check with your supervision officer if you have international travel restrictions before making any plans to travel out of the country, which also requires a Passport.  Information on Passports is below:

If you plan to travel outside the United States, be sure to check your passport long before your trip. Routine processing times for passport services are 4-6 weeks (expedited services take approximately 2-3 weeks). 
Renew Your Passport - Check your passport's expiration date. If your passport expires before you plan to return to the United States, then you'll need to get a new passport before you leave the U.S.

Apply for a Passport - If you are eligible for a U.S. passport and plan to travel abroad, get application instructions.
Change or Correct Your Passport - If you need to makes changes or corrections (due to a name change, for example) or add visa pages to your passport, see which forms you need to submit.
Report Your Lost or Stolen Passport - If your passport has been lost or stolen, report it as soon as you can. Call 1-877-487-2778 (TTY 1-888-874-7793) in the U.S., or contact the nearest U.S. embassy if you're overseas. 
Get Additional U.S. Passport Services - Lookup passport fees, get the status of your passport application, find information about photo requirements, and more.